Wednesday, September 21, 2005

have your cake, eat it

child suspect
A child suspect!

J was observing a photo shoot today at work involving a family scene. He told me this story of what he had overheard at the photo shoot. I stole the story to re-tell it to you here...

One of the "talents" at the photo shoot was a 4 year old girl who spent most of the breaks drawing, making cards for every one there.

GIRL: Mommy, when I grow up I want to still draw like this every day.
MOM:You sure? If you do, you won't have enought money to buy all the nice things.
GIRL: Oh. [Pause, clearly disappointed] I want to buy nice things.
MOM: Then you must be like your daddy, be a banker.
GIRL: Oh, ok! I'll be a banker and I'll draw everyday!

Now, mommy, why didn't you think of that?

My encounter was with a smart girl of a different sort. Catching me probably sketching her, she quickly cast me a suspicious look. Little girl, don't you think you are far more suspect, taking the morning train all alone?

No comments:

Post a Comment