Sunday, April 9, 2006

old 7 times over

more please

Old is when:
(1) you look at your brother's new born kid and imagine instead an 18 year-old teenager looking back at you.
(2) your parent(s) starts needing diapers
(3) your peer starts telling you about his retirement plans in australia ("ah, BBQ on a weekday night, and when you are free, go fishing.")
(4) someone from your schooldays and your other peers are announced in the papers as the new PAP candidates
(5) if just one more problem, one more demand on your time/money/attention/love crops up, you feel you have exhausted your resources
(6) you think of a "must-do-once-in-your-lifetime" list and wonder where did the past 4 months of the year go
(7) you feel more tired on a Sunday night than before the weekend started.

When I grow old I wanna be an old womanWhen I grow old I wanna be an old woman
An old-old-old-old-old-old-old-woman
When I was young - that is, teenager young - this was one of my favourite Michelle Shocked songs. I guess I liked how the inevitability of aging is made into a personal choice, somewhere between a reality and a dream. But that was when I was young. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment