Monday, June 25, 2007

jetlag

Which I did not quite suffer from, despite Singapore being 6 hours ahead of central European time.

There is the comfort and relief of being home, and the discomfort of the weightiness of home. Travel, even for work, provides a kind of suspension. Perhaps it is because summer in Europe provided the shadiest of day, even at 9pm. Once in Singapore, gravity hits. And the heavy, moisture-laden air.

As promised, some silly comics during my visit to Art Basel, the Venice Biennale and Documenta 12- these are all I managed when I was awake on the hotel bed/train/plane. J told me his weeknights then were spent watching Matthey Barney's Cremaster Cycle (which showed at the National Museum of Singapore), trying not to cough, and working.


(1/2) J & Y appreciate art (3) Art appreciates! (4) J appreciates more art (5) Art appreciates Venice (6) J ____ work (7) Singapore artists appreciate Venice (8/9) amps prisoners of artwork

And contrary to what these smarty pictures seem to say, I did see some art I liked, remembered and learnt from. Yes, yes, besides the work - of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment