Sunday, May 17, 2009

Dolce Vita! ...Salud! ...Cheers!

Lately, I have been in the mood for wine! I am so intrigued by the "art of wine" and the fabulous art of drinking wine. I feel like a know a thing or two, however I have sooo much to learn. It is one of those "hobbies" that you can never get enough of and there is always another wine to try. I wanted to share a few of my favorites...some newbies and some old trusted friends.
We first tried this one b/c of the name of course, we wanted to put something personalized in the baskets for the out of town guests at our wedding, but we wanted it to be a good wine. We have been hooked ever since. It is blend of 5 grapes and it is "MO Betta wine" as they say at Spann Vineyards...and by the way the owner has Arkansas roots! Drink some to get your mojo pumpin...


One of my new favorite grapes is from Argentina. They have a wonderful selection of wine for a budget friendly price. It is less expensive to harvest and therefore that reflects in the wine cost.


The first one is a Malbec. The Gascon is a great one to try. It was about $15 or under and it is very full bodied, but very smooth with rich fruit inspired flavors. It is bold enough for both brawny men and ladies who love a sophisticated wine.



Now we are all looking for a great white for the summer, and I love a sauvignon blanc. The ones from Chile are inexpensive and very yummy. Again, they have less cost to produce, and you have less cost to buy and drink....heavily hopefully!




This is a Chardonnay from Washington State and has won many tasting awards. Support American Wines...God Bless America...another way to be patriotic. woo hoo!
Waterbrook Chardonnay



If you are willing to shell out a little dough, maybe for a special event, I would have to say some of my favs are....

*Cain 5
*Vintage La Colina Pinot Noir 2004 (this might be my all time fav...hard to find though)


*Cakebread

Hope I inspired you to try some new wines...let me know what you think and let me know your favs!
"Dolce Vita!"
(sweet life)
ciao
mo


No comments:

Post a Comment