Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Haul: Tangs - IPSA

Ok, I know that I made a promise to myself that thou shall not purchase anymore stuff until I start on my current stash. But hey, concealer is a need since I don't have one at the moment... Nearing the big 30, although I dont suffer alot from dark eye circles and heavy eye bags (since I have puny eyes that are not deepset at all), signs of aging have slowly creeped up and I do see visible age spots.

My main requirement for a concealer is to cover up these spots and so I decided to go for something that is more opaque in nature, rather than illuminating. For ladies looking at hiding eye bags, I would suggest something that is more sheer rather than creamy.



Since I'm a klutz when it comes to makeup, color selection and application, I opted for something that is more forgiving such as a concealer palette. Since I can start with the lightest shade and work to a shade that is suitable for me. Anyway, after reading through MUA and the internet, I managed to narrow down to the below based on my needs:

- IPSA: White Protect-C Creative Concealer
- RMK: Super Basic Concealer Pact
- Makeup Forever: 5 Camouflage Cream Palette
- Forever Living: Sonya Color Concealer

In the end, I chose IPSA.. The reason is that I already have a Shiseido corrector for my ruddy cheeks and thus, I only need to conceal those spots. So, I don't require MUF and Forever Living.

Between IPSA and RMK, I'm more inclined towards IPSA since they offer 3 shades while RMK has a powder in place of the third shade. And seriously, I've been lemming for an IPSA concealer palette since so many years ago. It reminds me alot much of my childhood whereby I played with watercolors. And so.. Here it is, my very own IPSA Concealer Palette....

Product Name: IPSA White Protect-C Creative Concealer
Price: SDG55.00
Available at: IPSA Counter; Tangs Beauty Hall @ Tangs Plaza


Brought to us by Luxasia, the same good people who brought us RMK, IPSA is only available at Tangs Plaza. One and only counter in Singapore.

The inside of the product. There are 3 shades on the right and a mixing area on the outer left. We can mix the individual shades together to create the most suitable color.


A: Creamy beige color with pink undertone
B: Sandy beige color with yellow undertone
C: Chocolate color to help balance if A/B is too light for the skin.

Comes with a retractable brush. Totally like an artist palette.

The first block is a little crooked cos I dropped it on the floor while removing it from the packaging. Hah! Good thing that it is not pressed powder, else I'll hate myself for it.

The lady informed me that if I get a base makeup and point makeup item, I get to enjoy a 15%. So being the KS Singaporean, I topped up with a lip gloss so that I can enjoy the discount. I chose a clear lipgloss with gold shimmers.

Name of Product: IPSA Essence Lip Gloss E911
Price: SGD40.00
Available At: IPSA Counter; Tangs Beauty Hall @ Tangs Plaza


It's kind of expensive but the color is really nice and after discount, it's not exactly that bad.

This photo was taken with flash. A little over exposed by look how pretty it shows up in the light.

Taken without flash, looks like dense gold but the effect is actually shimmery.
















And of course, the nice lady gave me some samples to try out.

No comments:

Post a Comment