Thursday, October 20, 2005

all in the name

chickenwu2.jpg
our friend, wings - image remixed by J

Last night, the Jacky Wu lookalike who makes the world's best BBQ chicken wings sat down beside us at the hawker centre and suggested that we exchange phone numbers.

*exchange in mandarin
BBQ: Give me your number.
J: Why?
BBQ: When I run out of chicken wings or what, I can call you, warn you not to come down. Like today.
J: Oh yah, good idea!
BBQ: [looking at what J has wrote] Eh, I don't know English leh.
J: No lah, it's very easy, Jam.
BBQ: Ohr, JAM. Aiyah, your name, like the thing you spread on bread.

(He grins, showing a missing tooth and three more badly chipped teeth. Tearing off another little slip of paper, he writes his phone number and scribbles an English word under it.)

BBQ: Wings.
J: Huh? Really meh? Your name, wings?
BBQ: Yah, my name. [Smiles] Wings - so everytime I also win.

And Friends, this is why he makes the world's best BBQ wings. It's all in the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment