Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I lose

fickle
a companion to this picture - click for larger pic in flickr

One morning on the train I was slightly surprised to find 4 people around me reading - this being a too-sleepy-to-read sort of train. The man to my right was reading a book titled "10 characteristics of effective leadership" or something to this effect. Curious, I glanced at the page.
Losers find problems in every answer, winners find answers in every problem.

Losers see thunderstorms and icy weather, winners see rainbows and ice skates.
There was a list of some 30 of these "loser vs winner" lines. And when he turned the page, I saw this at the top.
Soul success is self-respect for an honourable life.
If there is any truth in that book, then please let me not have to spend too much time with anyone who thinks himself a "winner" and finds his soul a "success".

No comments:

Post a Comment