Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy. I miss you. I hope you know.


I am sitting here on this day, wishing I was going to the bakery to get your birthday cake...

wishing I had been fretting for the past few weeks about what in the world to get you....

wishing I was driving to Rogers and taking you out to dinner, and arguing with you about where to go b/c you would have rathered Sandy make dinner at home....

wishing you could see me now, so happy in my life, yet so sad, on this day, the day your were born, and from that day on, you brought joy to everyone you met...not many people can say that...you could...

I sometimes see men out on the lake fishing...and I think of how much you loved it, how talented you were. Hunting season is here again, I always think of how much fun you would be having.
I think of how happy you would be to see the life I have created.
I miss you every time I accomplish something, every time I see fathers and daughters having fun together..and every time I see daughters taking their fathers for granted...It makes me sad that my children will only know you through my words and not through your smile and laughter.

I will go through many milestones in the future, and they will all be bittersweet.

It never gets any easier...and I will never stop missing you.

I have all of these people in my life because of you.

Happy birthday Daddy. I love you. I miss you deeply.

Moni

No comments:

Post a Comment