Saturday, January 17, 2009

CNY Spring Cleaning + Touch of Nostalgia


Took leave last week just to do spring cleaning.. This year, I decided that my Sec, JC and Uni notes that I couldn't bear to throw out all these years have to go..


I am running out of space for my magazines and newly purchased books. Not to mention my chinese novels collection. Those poor things were stacked on the floor for the better part of 2008.

Truth to be told, I have lots of stuff, mostly bought on impulse. I also have a bad habit of being a hoarder. Keeping things that I think they might come into good use someday.

So, with resolve, I set about clearing out my cupboards, cleaning out items that I know I probably wont use them again, keeping some for memories sake. Finding "lost" things which I totally forgot I had even bought them, and then pondering on why I had bought in the first place.

Due to the fact that I am really running out of space and compliments from my Koibito, I now practice the art of Zen Shopping. All intended purchases are first sorted into categories of Needs, Good to Haves and Luxuries. After throwing the Luxuries out of the window, I am left with only the Needs or Good to Haves.
Next I mentally scan my cupboards to check whether I have a similar item at home. If yes, then no buy. If no, then I have to check to see if I have the budget to get it? If no, then no go too.

This strategy have actually helped me reduce my impulse buys, especially skincare and bodycare.

However, I've a really really bad memory. So I need to jot it down in case I forget 12 months down the road.

No more Face Serums --> I have 2 unused bottles.

No more Shower Gel --> I 3 bottles of perfumed ones, 2 anti-bacteria, etc

No more face masks --> I hate the feeling of paper masks covering my face + I have 2 hydrating masks,

No more foot care --> use the expired products on my legs... Hoho..

No more body care --> Yes, I have lots of Bodycare products. No more for me!

Yes to face moisturizer --> Yes, I need to get one that is more hydrating

Yes to Toner --> Yes, my current bottle is running out.
Thinking of getting the Guerlain super ex toner. But hmmm, I don't have an affinity with European products. Maybe I'll try out Paul & Joe.

Anyway, a note on the entry pic. Found this while surfing a Japanese Skincare site. The product is actually a handcream but it really reminds me of the Glue Tubs that I use to have, they even come with a spatula that is used to spread the glue. Not sure if anyone had this too. But it brings back lots of childhood memories.

* Picture source from Cosme Japan*

No comments:

Post a Comment