Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Haul: Random buys in June

Been away.. Was kind of depressed over the week as I lost my brand new laptop! Well, technically, I didn't lose it but rather, a cab driver took off with it in the boot. I was so shocked by what happened that I didn't get the license plate. It was a brand new laptop just out from the shop.

I was more angry with myself than with the cab driver. First, I shouldn't have put it in the car boot. There was enough space in the back seat for it. And I should have asked for the receipt. But the cab driver was so nice that I was caught off-guard. I shouldn't have been so trusting, remember, low crime doesn't mean NO crime.

Anyway, I lodge reports with the police, LTA and the cab company. Although chances of getting it back is slim, but I still want to put it in record that there is an errant cab driver on the prowl.

This entry is for the random buys that I did for the month of June. June is not only my birthday month but also the month of the Great Singapore Sale (GSS).

Not a lot of stuff as I'm trying to curb my spending. Oh well, living in Singapore meant that there are sales going almost all year round. There's always next time.

First up is MAC 217 brush. It's a my second MAC brush. This is a much raved eye makeup brush and I was totally won over. It's so soft and blends my eyeshadows very well. The best part is that I paid for it with my Isetan vouchers that I redeemed with my Isetan points. So, this brush came almost as free!


Next is the Lunasol 2010 Summer Collection, Nature Summer Blue EX01 Eyeshadow Quad (S$77.00). I've been lemming this quad ever since Rouge Deluxe and Fuzkittie featured it. So I decided to get it when it launched in Singapore on 18th June 2010.

Friends of mine know that I'm a blue eyeshadow lover. A lot of people are scared of blue eyeshadows but they are one of the colors that actually works for me. And Japanese seems do well in this arena.




I'm totally in love with the deep blue!!


Ok, what else???..... Oh yes, I purchased a Fancl sunscreen. Due to my sun-phobic nature, I'm very into sunscreens. I currently own.. hmmm.. about 6 bottles of sunscreens. All of different brands.

My ma thinks I'm totally insane. She's an advocate of sunscreens since I was young but I think I've outshone her. Wonder how many sunscreens my daughter will own next time. Anyway, picked this up because I had quite a good experience with it previously. The only thing I don't like about Fancl products is that they expire way much faster than I can use it up. 75days after I've opened the bottle, I'll have to toss it.



I also stocked up on some essentials during the GSS period.

MAC makeup sponges and brush cleaner. Truth to be told, I'm not exactly a connoisseur when it comes to makeup sponges. So far, MAC makeup sponges have worked well for me and so, I've been hooked on it ever since.

The MAC brush cleaner was a purchase I decided after reading somewhere that normal shampoo do not do a good job when it comes to disinfecting. And so, I bought this so that I can give my brushes a good clean. I'm a germ & dust-phobic when it comes to the things that I put on my face. To the point that I rather buy the wrong foundation shade home, then to have the BA test it on my face. I once saw this lady who took the tester lipstick and applied straight on her lips. Yew, I was totally turned off and horrified by what I saw.


Next up is the Clinique's Liquid Facil Soap (Mild) - S$35.00. Another staple of mine that I've grown to love. This product does a good job of cleaning without stripping moisture off my face.



Lastly, is the Laneige Perfect Renew Skin Refiner (S$53.00). Another staple of mine. I had a bad reaction when I first used it but now, it's one of my holy grail. I'm already in my Nth bottle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment