Sunday, July 11, 2010

Musings: Foundation Epiphany...

Here I am, 3A.M local time. The TV is on, Spain Vs Holland, the half time whistle would be blown in another few mins.. We'll know who shall be crowned king of football in another hour. And end the spate between Paul the Octopus Vs Mani the Parakeet and 黃大仙, the chinese god on the predictions

Anyway, while my dad stared at the TV, I am peering over my laptop, trying to decided whether I should join an online spree to get the NARS foundation in Deauville from Sephora. Oh yes, I've no interest in football, that is.

Suddenly, I had an epiphany. Why would I want to get something new when I already have a HG foundation? My Diorskin Nude @ 020?

Frankly speaking, I don't know. It's not as if I'm looking for a cheaper alternative. NARS foundation don't come cheap either and all I had was some references from online beauty bloggers to base my color selection from. So why? I guess my inner foundation fetish is at work here. The unyielding quest to achieve better looking skin.

Anyway, I shall shelve my plans for new foundation. I still have 4 bottles to finish. Although I dont really like 3 of them. They make my face too yellowish looking. That includes the Lunasol Water Cream Foundation. They work on my skin, just that not as good as my Dior one.

I think I'm not suitable for Japanese foundations since I'm more of a neutral tone rather than yellow, which many Asians fall under. I tend to forget that my dad do have some caucasian blood in him since my features take after my ma, a pure chinese. But whenever I look at my sis, I'll be reminded of that bloodline. Yellow undertone foundations never did quite perform for us. Even my youngest sister is matched to MAC NW, albeit her dark complexion.

No comments:

Post a Comment