Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Haul: NARS, Smashbox, Urban Decay and Dior



The christmas season is round the corner and with that, comes the flood of Christmas sales! Last week was pure retail extravagence for me.. To the point that I'm feeling a little guilty now for spending so much. But oh well, it's not as if I don't need the items.

In addition, I've been a real good girl this year. So, it doesn't hurt if I materialize a little of my lemmings, I rationalize.. Yes yes, my feeble attempt to justify my purchases. Anyway, the next few posts would be entries on the things I bought and received last week.

This post is a closer look at the items that I bought from Beauty.com and Sephora@Amazon. There was a lot of other things that came with the parcels but those don't belong to me. So, I'll just cover the stuff that belongs to me.




First up is the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Deauville (~SGD47; inclusive shipping). I'm a foundation junkie and I'm always on the look out to try new foundations. After reading through all the online reviews, I was really intrigued by this foundation. However, since it's not available in Singapore, I could only stash away my lemmings.

The opportunity came when Beauty.com was offering a 20% FF sale. I took the plunge and purchased. I did an extensive research online by using Diorskin Nude 020 as reference and finally decided on Deauville. I was really apprehensive but to my relief, the tone matched, although it was still a little yellow for me but it was no major concern.


I received the NARS Cleansing Oil sample for the foundation purhase.



Next up is the NARS Powder Blush in Deep Throat (~SGD30; inclusive shipping). I was deciding between NARS or Cargo blush. But decided to get the NARS blush because of it's cult status. I had originally wanted to get Orgasm but decided that Deep Throat may be more suitable for me after looking the swatches and reviews online. It was a little peachy for my liking but I love it still the same!!



Next one is the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer on the Go (~SGD18.00; inclusive shipping). This is actually the smaller sized 15ml. I've heard raves about this product and so, when I saw that they have the smaller trial version, I decided to purchase it to try it out.


Next, is the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Yeyo. This is actually a white eye liner glittery eyeliner and I'm thinking of using it to line my inner eye corners for the pop effect.


Lastly, is the Dior Mascara Duo Set (~SGD28.00). I usually don't like to spend on mascaras, as I don't see the need to spend a bomb on something that covers only a small portion of the face. But ever since I've read raves about Dior's mascaras and their performance, I've been wanting to try it. So, when I saw this set on Sephora@Amazon, I didn't hesitate since this was the perfect chance to try out the mascara without commiting too much money on it.



My thoughts: This purchase was really a rushed and unprepared one, and was kind of haphazard. But I was really glad that my first attempt in an online spree turned out well.Next time, I would defnitely be more prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment