Sunday, February 13, 2011

Haul / Swatch : Make Up Store - Blusher in Glam Rose

The next few entries would be overdue haul posts that I've accumulated over the past 2 months... Will find time to do reviews when my workload starts to reduce come Mar 2011.. (I hope)..

Alright, this purchase was really an impulse buy. I had originally wanted to get a MAC Blush in Loverush during the Tangs 12% Rebate sale on 10th Feb 2011.

But after a long day of back to back meetings and a major presentation, I wasn't really in the right form to battle the long cashier queues, not to mention I was feeling kind of drowsy from my allergy medication.

Since I figured I wasn't really in need of a blusher, just the need to do some retail therapy, I gave up on the purchase while waiting for the MAC consultant to attend to me.

So feeling a little unsatisfied, I popped by Make Up Store during lunch the next day and came out with one of their blushers, the Glam Rose @ SGD32.00.

Make Up Store hails from one of my favorite European countries, Sweden and have been in Singapore for some time now. It's just that I never quite found the opportunity to browse their products. So, this blusher is actually the first item that I own, under the Make Up Store brand.

The packaging, product offering and prices are very similar to MAC and some may mistake it for being a MAC wannabe. But on a personal note, I find that the quality is actually better compared to MAC's. It is very pigment and the powder is more finely milled, compared to MAC.

So next time when you are near a Make Up Store, be sure to check their products out!

The item straight out from the store.
Minimalist packaging.
It was wrapped in a black thin tissue.

Love the chic details on the cover!!

Glam Rose - 2.5g at SGD32.00. Noticed that it's made in Canada (land of MAC).
Gorgeous pink.


The swatch. A little goes a long way.

Comparison swatch between NARS Deep Throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment