Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Eye Makeup Practice

Now, I'm not a eye makeup person cause it takes me 1.5 hours just to do a presentable (note the word presentable) eye makeup. This, to a person who clocks 10-hours workdays is just too much of a luxury.

My daily makeup regime includes the basic act of covering up my open pores, evening out my skintone and I'm good to go. 10 mins max.

So, with this public holiday, I decided to put some time and do some eye makeup practice, in hopes of shortening my eye makeup process. So, all went well although, there was no shortening in the time though.

The Products:


Clockwise from Left:
  1. Shiseido Maquillage Clean Contrast Eyes 2 - BL743
  2. Kanebo Lunasol Nature Summer Blue EX01 Eyeshadow Quad
  3. Bobbi Brown Eyeliner Brush
  4. Shiseido Maquillage Dramatical Gel Liner - BK951
  5. Loreal Double Extension Beauty Tubes Mascara
  6. Springheart Eyelash Glue
  7. Daiso False Eyelashes
  8. MAC 217 Brush (Not in photo)
  9. Shiseido Eyelash Curler (Not in photo)
  10. Sponge-tip applicators (Not in photo)

First I applied the eyeshadow from the Maquillage quad. Using the white as the base, the light blue for the inner corners of the eyes and the dark blue for the outer corners.

Next I used the dark blue from the lunasol palette and blended upwards, from the upper lashline. Then, with the light yellow, highlighted the middle of the eye to give it a pop of color.

All of the above done with sponge-tip applicators provided in the palettes.

Next I lined my upper lashline with Maquillage gel liner on my upper lashline.

Thereafter, I tight-lined my lower lashline with the maquillage gel liner, for 2/3 of the lower lashline, starting from the out corners. After this is done, I thickened the out corners with the gel liner, converging into the thin line when moving inwards.

After that is done, I took the Lunasol Eyeshadow palette, using the dark blue, apply it to the upper lashline again to soften the black eyeliner. Blending from the upper lashline upwards.

Next, for the lower lashline, I broke it into 3 parts, the most outer 1/3 corner, I used the dark blue from the Lunasol palette to soften the look.

The middle 2/3, I used the dark blue from the Maquillage and for the most inner 1/3, I used the white from the maquillage palette to pop the eyes.

Lastly, I used my MAC 217 brush to blend the colors together.

This was the final result.






However, I decided to try out the Daiso falsies. Since I wanted to really open up the eyes, I decided to use a realy dramatic pair so that the difference can be seen. And I totally liked the end result. Look at how much my eyes popped up compared to the above pictures.

But well, it's really too much hassle to do on a daily basis. It's very burdening for the eyes and the skin around them to do such kind of dramatic eye makeup. Plus,I think the difference is too much between my made-up eyes and actual look.

The finished result:


No comments:

Post a Comment