Saturday, August 28, 2010

Haul: Essential Tools

Stock on some essential skincare and makeup tools recently.... They are not exactly skincare or makeup but they are part and parcel of my whole regime.


These were bought from SaSa, travel containers and spatulas (S$1-S$5). I got other stuff as well but I wanted to group my hauls according to type as I shopped for several tools this time round.

I'm most interested in trying out the big container. I first saw this in a nail salon whereby the ladies there use it to hold nail polish remover. The vent of the pump is upward facing and it is so interesting! (And yes, I'm easily amazed [too]).

I was thinking of using it to store my Kose Sekkisei Lotion, which by the way, is a pour bottle with a gaping hole; which sometimes results in wastage from pouring too much.

Next up is my FAVORITE cotton pads. Ok, not exactly my favorite but they are the only ones that are economical and yet, fulfills my purpose. It's the Lily Bell Patting Cotton Puff (S$3.00) from Sasa.



So, what is so special about the about these cotton puffs as compared to common cotton pads? Each cotton puff is made up of 3 layers. First layer is comes with a rough surface mesh, covering the cotton below. This layer helps exfoliation when using Japanese exfoliating / softening toners.

The other side of the puff is a layer that has a smoother surface, which I usually use for my soothing toners. Some of the Japanese lotions uses this particular surface for application, allowing better absorption.

These two layers uses material that do not shed or ball up as compared to regular cotton pads.

So, what's the third layer? It's actually a membrance in the middle; to prevent wastage. Traditional cotton pads usually gets soaked through due to it's absorption properties. The middle layer helps to distribute product more evenly across the surface rather than through the cotton.

It might cost more as compared to regular cotton but I swear by it whenever I use the Sekkisei Lotion for mild exfoliation.

There are other brands and Watsons has also come up with their own version but I'll stick to Lily Bell until something better comes along or when I can no longer afford it.

Lastly, wedge sponges and powder puffs from MAC (S$8.00 each pack). I'm totally in love with MAC wedge sponges. They do a good job of evening out my foundation and giving me a polished look. As for the powder puffs, they are meant for my MAC powders. The original ones that came with the powders simply fell apart after being abused by me.. (Haha)

No comments:

Post a Comment