Monday, August 9, 2010

Haul: Collective Drugstore Hauls + New Partner

It's a public holiday today in Singapore. It was this very same day, 45 years ago that we declared our independence. Happy National Day, Singapore!! The place that nurtured and made me who I am today..

Anyway, judging from my last post, I've been away for almost a month. This period has been a difficult one for me. It's still is but I think it'll turn for the better moving forward (I hope).

First up, my new partner in the blogger sphere... The Toshiba Portege T110 with 11.1" screen. I totally love the color and the size. This would be my new blogging partner moving forward.

I'm still trying to get used to it as the keyboard is smaller and the keys are placed differently as compared to other laptops, due to it's size.




Next up are some of my random drugstore conquests. Most of them are products from new brands available in Singapore for the first time. I just wasn't able to contain my excitement for them. Hoho..

First one is Heme Magic T-ZOne Peeling Mask For Girls (S$14.90). This is a peel off mask meant for the T-Zone and nose. Heme is actually a line targeted at young adolescent girls. Of course, I'm long past my adolescent years but it never hurts to try alternative products.



The next one is also under Heme, the 24hr Hydrating Detox-White Night Jelly (S$18.90). This was the product that Kevin 老师 introduced during 女人我最大 many years ago, when I first got access to cable TV. And it was this product that drew my attention to this line. Many years later, I finally laid hands on this product that I've been coveting.



The next one is a brand that is also very well known in Japan and Taiwan. It's the drugstore line released by Shiseido, Aqua Label.

I was wandering around in Watsons, trying to decide whether I should get something from the brand as I already have a huge stash of skincare at home that would probably last me another 2 years. And between Heme and Aqualabel, I was more keen on Heme. But after the SA explained the line to me, I decided to go for the Bright White EX Serum (S$35.50).



Due to my ignorant adolescent years, I already have quite a few distintive brown spots on my face. I had entertained thoughts on buying whitening products from either Lancome or Shiseido. But was put off by the heft price tag and my ma's upbringing.

Yes, she opposed the use of any whitening products, saying the ingredients would make the skin "thin". Furthermore, the word "Acid" don't usually sit well with my sensitized skin. Anyway, since Aqualabel's parent company is Shiseido, I decided to take the plunge and buy the whitening serum. After all, it's a less hefty price to pay compared to the likes of it's more luxurious cousin.

Up next, is Kanebo's Kate Gel Eyeshadow in White (S$14.50). This is a shimmery gel eyeshadow that is similar to Jill Stuart's Eye Jellies. Actually, I absolutely do not need this eyeshadow. I have more than enough eyeshadow to probably last me for the next few years since I don't do alot of eye makeup. So why? This is purely for retail therapy. I'll see if I could find the right occasion to use it. Otherwise, I might decide to make it a giveaway.



The next items are sheet masks. Truth to be told, I'm not exactly a sheet mask person. They can be really messy and I don't like the feeling of having something covering my face, feels as if I'm suffocating. But I find that I'm drawn to buying them nevertheless. Probably due to the price and the wide selection of properties offered.

This is something that I found in Guardian Pharmacy. I don't usually shop in Guardian since Watsons offers a better variety of products and I get rebates at Watsons. This purchase was a result of lunching alone for quiet time. And yes, I like to lunch alone. It helps to calm my nerves and organize my thoughts for the next half of the day.

The masks are from a Korean Brand call Leaders Clinic - Clinie and unlike conventional sheet masks, these are actually silk cellulose masks. They retail for S$4.95 each and has several selections to choose from. I got 2 of them. One is the P.D.T AC-Dressing Ampoule Mask and the Caviar Repairing Essential Mask.

Based on the description on the packaging, the P.D.T AC-Dressing masks is supposed to help combat acne and contains a full bottle of ampoule in each mask. The Caviar Mask, as the name suggests, contains caviar extracts and other ingredients to help hydrate and pamper the skin.




Next up, are some of my basic tools. Sponge applicators and medical needles.

I'm a klutz with makeup and sometimes I find using exotic tools such as brushes somewhat complicated for me.

The needles are for my cystic pimples. I'll use them to poke through the pimples instead of squeezing them and bruising the skin in the process. I used to follow my ma's method of heating up a alcohol swiped sewing needle but I think the medical needles are so much more convenient and hygienic.


Lastly, I've been experiencing difficulties in bowel movements and decided to get some external help from Fybogel. Hopefully, it will help with my bowel movements and in turn, improve my skin condition.




Ok, I think I've spoken enough. My my, it's a lengthy posts for this small number of products.. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment