Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Spotlight / BodyCare: Sumber Ayu - Lulur Mandi (Rose)



OK, Im blogging via mobile. So, pictures will come later. My mums Indonesian client gave her a tub of this and Ive been using this product for the past 2 months. 

Its weird that I hadnt blog anything about it since I totally love this body scrub!!! It doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin and my skin always feel so smooth after using it.

So, what exactly is Lulur Mandi?
Patron of Indonesian spas should find this term familiar. Although the Lulur Mandi that I had in a spa is somewhat different from how this product is used.
 
Mandi Lulur meansLulur Bath and it originated from  the island of Java. In Javanese,Lulur meansto coat the skin. It is a traditional pre-nuptial ritual for brides-to-be; to achieve fair, smooth, soft and radiant skin.

TheLulur helps to stimulates skin cells regeneration,  promote better blood circulation, reduce water retention and of cause, like all exfoliating products, help smooth the skin.

In conventional Indonesian spas, whereby we pay more; a paste mixture of sandalwood, turmeric, ground nuts, rice and other scented woods is spread on the whole body and left to dry.  

This is part of the exfoliation process and the dried mixture is then gently rubbed off. A yoghurt paste is then smoothed over the body to restore balance, and finished off with a flower scented bath.

However, the tub version is very much different from the spa counterpart. This product is rice-base and is used in the same way as a regular body scrub. Simple and cheap (SGD3.00) for home DIY, without paying the exorbitant spas fees.

Ive been careful in using the product as I like it a lot, switching between this and my more expensive, yet less desirable scrubs.  

I had no idea how to replenish once this tub ran out since its an Indonesia product. That was until I had an Aha moment while showering yesterday and googled the brand. 

Turns out that Sumber Ayu is big name in Indonesia and there is a good following right here in Singapore. They even have a Facebook page. The best part is, there are shops in Singapore that are selling the whole range!
 
Im going to check out one of the aforementioned shops this evening and if I can secure a steady supply, Im going to use every week!

Heres a summary of why I love this:
  • Cheap! Prices Ive seen quoted online ranges from SGD1.60 to SGD3.00 
  • Leaves skin feeling smooth and moisturized. 
  • Whitening effect

My only grouse is the scent. Cant really place it but it reminds me of cheap perfume. But no worries, itll be masked by my nice body moisturizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment